230 young Kenyans (host community) and 640 young refugees have completed an ICT training in Kakuma Refugee Camp. These training sessions were delivered in partnership with our five refugee-led organisation partners who took it in shifts to lead the courses. They include:
- Solidarity Initiative for Refugees (SIR)
- Resilience Action International (RAI)
- URISE Initiative for Africa
- West Ventures Development Organization (WeVDO) formally Good Shepherd Youth Group (GSYG)
- Turkana Christian Development Mission (TCDM)
The completion of this training marks the end of the Lifeskills and training for refugee and host communities project, which we conducted in partnership with GIZ. We cannot wait to see these students putting into practice what they have learnt and see them pursue future opportunities in the Information and Communication Technology sector.