Location: Kampala, Uganda
Answers to: Leadership Team
Salary: 4,000,000-4,500,000 gross (Uganda Shillings per month dependent on experience)
Open to: All applicants (Non-nationals should have a valid permit to work in Uganda)
About Xavier Project
Xavier Project is an international NGO registered in Uganda, Kenya, and the United Kingdom which specializes in building holistic partnerships with Refugee-Led Organisations (RLO) in refugee-hosting areas. Currently, we operate in seven different locations across East Africa and have partnered with more than 20 refugee-led organisations. We support refugee-led organisations in accessing safe learning spaces, strengthening their professional capacity, establishing social enterprises and accessing resources to implement, sustain and scale-out humanitarian response activities. With our partners, we aim to improve relations between refugee and host communities, ensure refugees lead fulfilled lives and transform the humanitarian and development sectors towards more community-led responses.
Xavier Project is looking to recruit for the position of ‘Programme Lead’ to join our Uganda office’s team and coordinate our ongoing projects and related activities in Kampala. The Programme Lead’s role is to liaise with the Leadership Team to ensure the realisation of the Xavier Project’s vision and mission.
Roles and responsibilities
- Play a leading role in project planning including identifying relevant activities factoring in feedback from refugee communities and corresponding budget allocations.
- Coordinate fulfilment of active donor contracts, coordinate and ensure project activities are in line with donor requirements to achieve project outcomes and impact.
- Provide supervision and support to programme and field staff and our partner refugee-led organisations.
- Together with the project team identify bottlenecks and potential implementation risks and develop effective strategies to address them.
- Prepare the project procurement plans and ensure project procurements are done in time.
- Deliver a range of administration tasks including basic accountability, procurement, record maintenance, etc.
- Prepare timely project reports.
- Any other assigned duties.
Supporting Refugee Led Organisations(RLOs)
- Promote local leadership and community-led solutions through participation in advocating and fundraising for and with RLOs.
- Liaise with RLOs to ensure that all projects including the donor-funded ones are efficiently implemented to achieve maximum results.
- Support RLO capacity strengthening and enhancing their coordination with other RLOs and increase their participation in other relevant forums.
- Work closely with RLOs to implement the outlined Xavier Project Effective Changes (Capacity strengthening, Advocacy, Coordination and Fundraising) to achieve set performance targets.
- Support RLOs in MEAL.
- Represent Xavier Project in various forums when called upon.
Xavier Project growth
- Meaningfully contribute to the growth of Xavier Project by taking part and supporting the Programme Team in fundraising and building new partnerships with support from the Leadership and Programme Lead Members.
- Participate in Xavier Project strategic planning and promoting Xavier Project’s vision and mission.
- Tertiary education in relevant field with at least 5 years experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and empathy, particularly with regards to working with vulnerable people
- Experience in donor reporting, budgeting and procurement processes
- Fluency in both spoken and written English language
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Reliability and self-reliance as well as the ability to work in a team
- Motivation to cultivate and share knowledge
- Strong understanding of the challenges faced by refugees and other marginalized communities in East Africa
- A good understanding of the meaning of localization in development and successful implementation of community-based development models
- Fieldwork experience in challenging contexts
- Experience working with a diverse team of people from different backgrounds
What we Offer
- Working in an international team of visionary and motivated individuals
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Regular staff capacity-building training across East Africa
- Twenty-five days of annual leave
- Health insurance
- Participating in extensive national and international networks within the humanitarian aid and development sector
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, we would like you to complete and submit this online form. In addition, please submit your CV to email@example.com and use your name and the job title “Programme Lead-Uganda” in the email subject. Please note that only the CVs of short-listed candidates will be read so include the most relevant information from your CV in the application form.
The deadline for submitting the online form and sending your CV is 5 pm EAT on the 8th December 2021. As the selection of applicants will be conducted on a rolling basis, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about our work please visit www.xavierproject.org.
Xavier Project is an equal opportunity employer and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation or disability. This is a secure form and your application will only be read by Xavier Project’s selection panel for this position and the Xavier Project Human Resources department.