Xavier Project is looking to recruit for the position of Programme Officer in our Kenya office. Corona Virus pandemic has had adverse impact on the education of millions of children across the world. While schools remain closed, learning cannot be suspended without profound consequences on the children’s psychosocial wellbeing and continuity of learning when schools resume. Alternative approaches must therefore be adopted to not only keep children engaged but to offer them Mental Health and Psychosocial Support during this challenging times.
During this season, Xavier Project is offering innovative, adaptive and robust education opportunities to refugee children in Kenya’s urban areas. These education interventions will not only ensure sustained learning during the school break but also seamless transition when schools re-open among the targeted groups. Furthermore, Xavier Project in consultation with other key education actors such as the Ministry of Education, the Kenya Education in Emergencies Working Group (EiE) and the Education Development Partners Coordination Group (EDPCG) will work with School Heads and Boards of Management to achieve post- COVID safe-back-to school.
Closing date for applications: MONDAY 24th AUGUST
Under the Education department Xavier Project runs a sponsorship programme for ECD , primary and secondary students besides an Accelerated Education Program that targets older youth. To supplement the radio and television lessons offered by the Ministry of Education, Xavier Project team has been involved in production and dissemination of educational podcasts and will be running a mobile library to support the students’ remote learning. The Programme Officer’s role will be to support the implementation of these education projects in Nairobi and other locations when the need arises.
The Programme Officer will be expected to:
• Implement education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and plans
• Continuously monitor and evaluate the projects, document lessons learnt and improvement strategies
• Mediate and improve Xavier Project’s relationships with various donors and partners including Refugee Led Organisations (RLOs)
• Contribute to the growth of the Education Department by initiating innovative approaches
• Take part in preparing fundraising proposals
• Actively participate in promoting Xavier Project’s vision and mission
• Represent FXP in various stakeholder forums
• Any other duties assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent , Master’s degree is an added advantage
• Advanced understanding and experience working in the education sector.
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills including for proposals and reports particularly in English
• Good knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to work sensitively with refugee population or demonstrated experience working with marginalised communities
• Ability to work effectively with other people both as an individual and as a member of a group
• Experience or ability to work with people from various background
• Excellent administration and organisational skills
• Good problem solving skills
• Experience in managing budgets
• Willing to travel within Kenya
How to apply
In place of the cover letter, interested candidates should submit complete the google forms On this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JspKMxy7_520ILmPpI6vhA8pprc9KjzIL5piQQx… and submit their CVs ONLY to email@example.com .
Applicants are urged to apply as soon as they can and not wait until the deadline of 24th August 2020 if possible. Candidates should use email title Kenya Programme Officer and include their name in the email title. Please also include the names and contact details of two referees. Successful candidates will be expected to produce a Certificate of Good Conduct. Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on what we do please visit www.xavierproject.org
Xavier Project is an equal opportunity employer and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Candidates should use email title Kenya Programme Officer with their name in the title. Successful candidates will be expected to produce a Certificate of Good Conduct.
In case you are experiencing troubles accessing the google form through the provided link, please try to set your browser in incognito mode or email firstname.lastname@example.org